Thursday, May 27, 2010

My new summer game plan

We’ll see how long I can stick to this. :)

First of all, I need to ship out the order to McKenzie. I finished up the last bootie last night & it wasn’t as bad as the first one. I still don’t know what my problem has been with them, but I seem to have gotten past it (famous last words, I’m sure).

Secondly, I need to find out if another friend wants to order more booties. And if I really want to take on the challenge. I’ll see what she has to say.

After that, let the fun begin!

I found this awesome pattern yesterday that I can’t wait to try out. I’ll be doing the grocery shopping on my own today (dangerous!) so I’ll see what I can find. If I can’t find anything, I’ll have a couple hours to kill tomorrow, so I can stop by Target (double-danger!). I really hope I can find some similar pillowcases because those are absolutely perfect for me. Nice & bright & fun. I can’t wait! It’s the perfect simple sewing project I’ve just been itching to do! I do have a couple changes in mind (of course), so hopefully I don’t make things too difficult for myself. Pictures to come when I get around to working on it. Hopefully soon! Maybe I’ll make some time for it this weekend amid all the house stuff if I can get my hands on some suitable pillow cases.

I’m going to work my way through the crochet motifs I found last week. I’m really enjoying learning new crochet stuff lately, and have plenty of small amounts of yarn to use up. Like I said before, I plan on making a “patchwork” blanket for Raven.

Between the motifs, I want to try out new patterns/ideas of items to donate to MCK. New hats, booties, other clothing, just whatever I find that I like.

Other than Raven’s blanket, I don’t think I’ll do any big projects/blankets this summer. I know I planned on making another baby blanket, but I think I’m going to put it off. I like the instant (or at least quicker) gratification that comes with completing smaller projects.

Overall, I think it’s a pretty good plan, hopefully I can get a fair amount accomplished this summer!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)