Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Crafting Blogs

I’m quickly coming obsessed.

It all started sometime last year when I stumbled on a handful of blogs I enjoyed reading. Once it got to be more than five or six, it was hard remembering to check each of them most days to see if there was anything new, and I sometimes fell behind on one or the other because I would forget about it for a while. It was frustrating, and eventually, somehow, I found out about the Blogger Dashboard to keep everything organized.

At the time, I only knew that I could see there were new posts & a snippet of each, but still had to click through to each blog to read the posts. This was better than my old method, but still sometimes cumbersome as my blog list was growing. What I really, really wanted was for blogger to show the full post for each & let me read them all from one page. It didn’t seem like too much to ask.

Then one day, I stumbled on Google Reader. Oh, how I love Google Reader! I don’t remember when, how, or why I found it, but my life has never been the same. I could read & keep track of everything from one page! No more clicking through to multiple blogs unless I really wanted to. Everything at my fingertips. It was wonderful. I quickly became an addict, even just for my little handful of blogs.

Until recently, the blogs I followed were your basic humor blogs and a handful of friends/family personal blogs. Over the last couple of weeks, suddenly my Google Reader has absolutely exploded. I’m finding so many crafting, sewing, crocheting, etc blogs that I hardly know what to do! I’m loving all the great ideas I’m finding & can hardly believe what I’ve been missing out on. I have this secret little wish that someday my little blog will be one of the “cool kids” everybody is following. I know I have a long way to go before I get to that point, but hey, a girl can dream, right? :)

So over the next few weeks I think I’m going to try to talk about all these great new places I’m finding. I know most will more than likely be ones everybody who’s anybody already knows about except me (I’m a little behind the times on things like these), but hopefully some will be new & might surprise you. And because it’s me, and it’s not unusual for me to get a little off course, I’m going to include my non-craft favorites as well. I hope you enjoy!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)