Monday, August 2, 2010

Progress: Week 3

That does it...I give up! I know the formatting is wonky at the beginning of this, but I can't figure out how to get it sorted out without completely retyping it all - something I'm not about to do! So, please forgive me & hopefully next time we'll be back to normal.

**********

Well, I'm about half-way through all this, and not doing too terrible! It's been kind of a mixed week for me. Week three was supposed to be my productive week. Week three, I was going to sew my little heart out & have all sorts of things to list on Etsy & share here and on the new Facebook page.

Oh, hey, I haven't mentioned that yet? ;) My Crafty Crap is now on Facebook! Come become a fan, or like it, or whatever it is that Facebook is calling it this week. Etsy & Facebook in one week?! I can hardly believe it! To be honest, that's what's saved me this week from feeling like a total slacker. I know I still don't have much up on Etsy yet, but that's going to change, and I got quite a bit put up on the FB page, so I'm feeling pretty good about things. And, to myabsolutesurprise, I already have almost 50 (yes, fifty!!!) fans/likes/whatever! I'm totally blown away! And, only a handful of those are my personal friends on Facebook, so people who don't even know me like it! I'm loving it! :)

So now, on to my summer goal progress check:

Five projects: Well... I am pretty much 99% finished with the final project. This afternoon I was sitting at four completed projects, and we decided to make a trip to the local Cabela's for a class for Nick, so I didn't get any sewing done. Boo... So tonight after dinner I decided it was time to go back to the hook. An hour later & I finished up my first diaper cover in a couple months. I've still got it! I was so happy to have finished up my fifth project for the week & met my goal, but then I went to grab the box wallet I finished this morning, and realized I still need to do the final top stitching. Ugh... But, like I said, pretty much 99% done, so I'm rounding up & giving myself a pass. :)

This week's projects:


Five projects: Well... I am pretty much 99% finished with the final project. This afternoon I was sitting with four completed projects, and we decided to make a trip to the local Cabela's for a call for Nick, so I didn't get any sewing done. Boo... So tonight after dinner I decided it was time to go back to the hook. An hour later & I finished up my first diaper cover in a couple of months. I've still got it! I was so happy to have finished up my fifth project for the week & met my goal, but then I went to grab the box wallet I finished this morning, and realized I still need to do the final top stitching. Ugh... But, like I said, pretty much 99% done, so I'm rounding up & giving myself a pass. :)

This week's projects:

Travel baby wipe cases, with room for a diaper or two. A woman I worked with at the old job is expecting a baby soon, and wanted something to put the travel size baby wipe box in. So I came up with this & added some extra space for a diaper or two (will depend on the size). She was really happy with it & very excited about the extra diaper space for when they travel.

This yellow one was my first trial run, and I didn't use the nice, stiff interfacing, so it's a little too floppy. Still happy with how it turned out though.

This one holds its shape much better since I used the decor bond & I'm really happy with how it turned out. They are quick & easy to whip up, so I think this will become a regular pattern to use & great for shower gifts for new moms.

Yet another LOP bag, very happy with how this one turned out. Each one gets a bit easier & a bit nicer. I have orders for a couple more, but can hopefully make something from another pattern first to offer a little variety.

Keyka Lou Pyramid Pouch. This is the one that isn't quite finished, but only needs some top stitching around the opening. I'd say quick & easy to finish up, but this is so small, it's kind of a pain. They turn out really cute though, so totally worth it. Not sure yet if I like the contrasting flap or not, but wanted to try something different. The lining matches the pink flap.



My "new" pattern this week is the one I created for the baby wipe case. It's based on the Keyka Lou box wallet, just much bigger and with a couple changes. Maybe cheating a bit, but I did have to create my own pattern using the basic instructions for the box wallet. I like to call it being resourceful. :)

Etsy shop is up! And running! And has a listing! HUZZAH!!! I have a couple more items to list (including they pyramid pouch, above), but it's a little more time-consuming than I expected. I hope to have them up by the end of this week (well, August 4, if I can!).

Christmas presents & the Origami Imposter bag are still just floating around in my head. At least they're on my mind, which is a start.

Overall, I'm very happy with this week!

Tomorrow is a new start for me - my first day at the new job! I'm really looking forward to it & to see how things will go. Wish me luck! :)

I hope you all had an equally productive week!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)