Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A bittersweet birthday

Please excuse me while I take a break from the sewing & crocheting & crafting for a moment.

As you might know, yesterday was my birthday, and it was...well... unforgettable, unfortunately. First I want to give a huge thanks to all of you who wished me a happy birthday. It was you, similar comments on Facebook, and the love of family & friends who got me through the day & helped make the day at least a little more bearable.

You see, yesterday afternoon, we got a call from Nick's mom that her brother (so Nick's uncle) was in a pretty bad farming accident. He was life-flighted to a hospital a few hours away, and as of right now we haven't heard much about how he's doing. We do know he'll have a very long road to recovery ahead of him, and this is particularly hard on the family as they're amid harvest season. I'm touched by the outpouring of support in their small community.

So thank you, to everyone, for caring about someone you've never even met. You've made a world of difference in my life, and I'm sure the lives of many others.

Hug the ones you love a little tighter today.

Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry to hear that. I live in a farming heavy area and I know how these things can happen to anyone, unfortunately. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree I'm so sorry about your birthday and the accident. We'll be keeping your family in our prayers. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! I'm so sorry to hear this. Keep us posted because even though we're a bunch of strangers on the internet we still care.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)