Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Sew & Tell: More Keyka Lou City Totes


I found Sew & Tell over at Amylouwho (she's the one with the awesome bunting quilt block!) a few weeks ago now, but haven't been able to get anything finished up to share. And when she announced last week that Sew & Tell will be taking a holiday break, I was bummed because I wouldn't be able to share anything until after the first of the year. Of course, the majority of my projects right now are gift-related & can't be shared anyways, but I was bummed all the same.

I've had pieces cut out for this new City Tote for a couple weeks now, but haven't been able to find much time to sew, so I was pretty happy to get some work done on it when we got home from our Thanksgiving trip Sunday night. I was even happier when I was able to get it finished up!

It's hard to get decent pictures when I'm never home in daylight hours during the week, so please excuse the picture quality. :)


The outside of this one is made with corduroy & is super soft. I absolutely love it.


I didn't want to use the cord on the inside, so I used this fun fabric instead. I know it's not exactly matchy-matchy, but it looks pretty darn cute. The flower shape are similar to those on the outside & the blues match, so it pulls it together pretty well. I also use this fabric on the underside of the strap (you can kind of see it in the top picture) so it doesn't hang all wonky when carried.


Here's a better shot of all three fabrics. I promise the browns match better than what it looks like here.


And here's another City Tote that's been done for a couple weeks, but I wanted to share quick as well.


My friend is a huge Kansas City Chiefs fan, so she absolutely loves the inside of the purse (inside of the outside pocket is Chiefs too). The day she got it, she had to show everyone in the office the inside of her purse. It was so funny, the Chiefs had just had a pretty bad loss the day before, so one of the ladies asked if it was on the inside because she was ashamed of the Chiefs.


Head on over to Amylouwho to check out the rest of the Sew & Tell items!

(Oh, and a quick update on the hand warmers - I'm about 1/2 inch from the thumb hole on the first one, so it's 7.5 inches long! Woo-hoo! I promise I'll try to get a picture of it this weekend to share.)

Until next time...

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE these bags! Love your colors on the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are REALLY cute! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable, I must get that pattern! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! I love that you made it with corduroy. That's so funny because I bought that bird fabric the other day! I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. I love the bags you made, I will have to try that pattern out someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great! The Chiefs comment made me LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CUTE purses! I love that corduroy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job! :)

    Bet that corduroy outside feels just divine....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute!! I am back!!! And I cannot stop making The Sweetheart Shoppers! I did get the pattern printed for The City Tote to try soon though! Love all your fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)