Wednesday, December 29, 2010

An interesting challenge

Here's an interesting challenge from Kristy at Textiles for You: complete 365 items in 2011. I don't really do resolutions most years, they're typically forgotten within a few weeks, whether they're met or not. I was pretty proud of myself in 2009 for not only remembering, but conquering my resolution - to get married. Hard to blow off or forget that one. :)

But back to Kristy's idea. I actually think it's a good one. Sure, 365 items sounds like a lot. A LOT. But thinking about all the little stuff I make, I bet they all add up. One of Kristy's questions was about quilts - do individual blocks count as individual items, or is the finished quilt one item? Personally, I'd say it probably depends on the type of block. Some blocks take a ton of work, and should absolutely count as separate items (and the completed quilt as another since it's a beast of a project in & of itself). But should a nine patch cut into four disappearing nine patch blocks count as four items? Probably not.

So, starting January first, I think I'll start keeping track. I certainly can't promise that I'll be able to make all 365 items, but I can promise to try! Anybody care to join?

Until next time...

6 comments:

  1. 365 is very ambitious! But, like you said, so many little projects happen so it might be easier than it sounds! I will try and keep track too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last year I joined a craft-a-long on Craftster for 50 projects in 2010. I'm sure I made it, but I think I stopped at about 30?? 365 is far too ambitious for me, but I plan to follow you and cheer you on!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a great idea! 365 sounds a little daunting to me, lol. I can do 1 or 2 projects a week, though. I hope you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ya! We'll try 365 together. I thought about this challenge / resolution for a few weeks before posting it. Some days I'll make 20 items, some days 4 items, some just one, and then I'll go a whole week without making a single thing. I think that those days of multiples is what will help make this challenge possible.

    We'll be cheering each other on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm, this looks like an interesting challenge! Looking into in now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read about that challenge too and thought there's no way I could accomplish that much. I already feel like there's a lot of pressure on me to keep baking and sewing for the sake of my blog so I don't want to add even more! That said, I admire anyone who is willing to take it on so good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)