Wednesday, March 30, 2011

WIP Wednesday #7

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

Another week down!

Started: The camera strap slip cover, a nice, super-quick project I can definitely recommend. As hubby pointed out, "What's the point? What was wrong with the plain one?" I guess technically there isn't anything wrong with the plain one, except for the fact that it's plain. So why not? Besides, like I told him, it's me, when have I ever wanted something plain & ordinary? We frequently have this very same conversation about pretty much everything, including baby names. :)

In progress: Still working on the origami bags & postage stamp quilt.

I did get one block (I'm doing them 5x6 instead of 5x5) put together just to see how it looks & to show to hubby. I love it!

IMGP0049

I've also been chain piecing my little heart out. Since I'm doing the blocks six strips wide instead of five, it's quick & easy to just sew everything in pairs to put together into blocks later. I've got a nice little pile going right now, but a lot still left to do. I think I figured out I've got about 256 strips to sew together, and I've done 40 pairs in addition to the one completed block.

IMGP0051
This was taken before some marathon sewing last night, the pile is about twice the size now!

I'm also very happy to say that this quilt will, in fact, be for our little Goose. That's right - it's a boy!!! We couldn't be happier. :)

profile

Completed: The camera strap slip cover. Seriously, under an hour to draw the pattern & sew the cover? That's exactly the kind of project I needed this week!

100_1078

Finished up one of the three origami bags I'm working on. I'd really like to get the others finished up by the end of the month, but unfortunately I don't see that happening at this point! This one isn't perfect (I never can get the ends of the zipper to look nice when I make this sort of thing), but I'm happy with it. I just realized I really should have taken a picture of the other side of it, it's the prettier side.

Amy Butler Origami Bag

Not a bad week, compared to the last few! Head over to Freshly Pieced to see what everybody else got done this week.

Until next time...

15 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the baby being a boy! I have a 2-year old son and love being the mom of a little boy. And the blanket for him is going to be adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! That's so exciting!!! Now, granted, I'm a bit biased since my only child is a boy, but boys are a lot of fun :) I love the fabric you're using for your origami bag, it looks great! And a plain camera strap would be totally boring, this one is way more fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postage stamp quilt is so cute, perfect for your little boy! Congrats!
    It's good to know that the camera strap was so quick to make-this type of thing has been on my list to make forever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, congrats on the little boy! So exciting! I figured out your hint yesterday but didn't get a chance to email you back. : ) So happy for you guys - and I bet he will love that postage stamp quilt.

    The camera strap cover is very cute - I need to put that one on my list!

    Thanks for linking up, have another great week. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, congrats on the boy! Now you can really get cracking sewing things for the baby since you know what colors to choose. And I'm so glad my husband isn't as nosy as yours or I'd have to field questions like that too. Good thing he has no idea what I'm sewing half the time and doesn't care enough to wonder what the heck I'm using all of this stuff for. I agree; why be plain and ordinary?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, congrats on your little boy! You will have lots of fun sewing for him now! I love your postage stamp quilt, its so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay, congrats! I don't know what it is about ultrasound photos, but I really think they're breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to make a camera strap too! Add that to my never ending list... Congratulations on a little boy. I have one of both and while I dearly love my daughter (and she's more fun to sew clothing for), there is nothing like a little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh congrats on your little guy Bree!!! So excited for you and your hubby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH Congrats on having a boy!! So exciting. Now the postage stamp quilt can be for him! I like what you've got going so far on your postage stamp quilt, the brown is really a great addition.
    I'm the same way with the camera strap. I haven't made one yet because I think hubby won't use it if I make a "pretty" strap. Then I'll REALLY never be in photos. Your strap and origami bag are cute. I love the orange stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations!!! That quilt is going to be wonderful for him!
    Thank you for your lovely comment! Teje

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats, Bree! It's always fun to find out what gender of parasite is sucking the life out of you. Now you can enjoy blaming your fatigue on the fact that you are growing a rough and tumble boy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the boy! I have two little boys and they are just the best. Enjoy all the crafting to get ready for these cute boys!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! The postage stamp block looks great! That will be a great little boy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on having a little boy! I have a little boy (3) and they will change your world!

    Your quilt looks great, and now you don't have to make a girly version!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)