Thursday, May 19, 2011

Perfectly Pleated Clutch: Inspiration

Time for our monthly inspiration! You've still got plenty of time to work on your clutch if you haven't started yet, I promise you it doesn't take as much time as it looks. Really, the most time-consuming part is making the pleats, but you can do that in small batches when you've got a few minutes.

And remember, you will not need the crazy amount of fabric called for in the pattern. Yes, the pleats do take quite a bit of fabric for the size of clutch you end up with, but nowhere near what's called for. And trust me, it's super easy to hide a seam in the pleats, so you can easily piece together smaller lengths of fabric to get the full length.

Here's mine again. Remember, I pieced together three fat quarters for my panels (cut into 8" widths for the small clutch).

Perfectly Pleated Clutch

I love the way this fabric looks when it's pleated on this clutch from SewCraftyJess. I wish mine had a little more random look like her's.

Amy Butler Perfectly Pleated Clutch

Absolutely loving the bright colors on this one from Marci.

Perfectly Pleated Clutch Front

I mentioned this non-pleated version from Nellie's Niceties earlier this week, but just incase you missed it, keep in mind this is absolutely an option!

'Perfectly Pleated Clutch'

Another bright & fun (non-pleated) version from simplybeu, and the flower is a perfect addition!

Perfectly Pleated Clutch

The batik on this one from Fried Okra looks fantastic pleated & those yo-yos are just adorable!

Perfectly Pleated Pouch - May

Lookin' good! Remember to share your pictures and ask any questions you might have in the Flickr group. I look forward to seeing more of your clutches!

Until next time...

4 comments:

  1. I don't generally like batik but I love it in pleats! Hoping to start my pleated clutch this weekend if I can find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this convinced me that the pleats are a go! great job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for including me in such a great group of talented ladies, they are all beautiful in their own special way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fab purses!! I have definitely got to try the pleats. You've convinced me with all this inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)