Friday, May 27, 2011

Skill Builder Sampler

BWS tips button

Leila over at Sewn is starting a year-long (don't let that part discourage you!) Skill Builder quilt-along on June 17. Each month will feature three blocks using particular quilting skills. Sounds like a perfect quilt-along for a beginner like me, but the skills could be useful to anybody who sews.

Leila has posted fabric recommendations if you're planning to join in. I haven't decided yet if I want to go with a specific color/theme, or if I'll keep it scrappy & make that decision each month. I've been trying to sew primarily out of my stash lately, so maybe I'll just keep that up. We'll see!

I'm excited to get started next month (holy cow, JUNE already?!) & hope some of you will join me!

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so looking forward to doing this! I'm not sure what I'm doing for fabrics either. I have some fabrics I can use in my stash, bit I'm not real thrilled with them for this project.
    If you have large enough scraps a good compromise between buying new and going scrappy would be to use one fabric from the previous month during the current month.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)