Wednesday, June 20, 2012

WIP Wednesday #32

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

It's been so long since I shared a WIP Wednesday, I'm happy to have a big update this week!  Surprisingly I'm really not working on a whole lot right now, but I'm spending a lot of time working on Coop's quilt.  My main goal is to get it done by Coop's birthday in August, something that I was starting to doubt I'd be able to do, but now I'm hoping to get it finished up by next week.  I've made a lot of progress!

I finished up the quilting on Sunday, and am working on the binding now.

Postage stamp quilt

You might remember my original plan was to quilt circles in each of the brown squares, then switched to a combo of straight lines with the circles, but finally settled on straight lines through the brown squares in both directions.  I still love the idea of the circles, but it was taking so long & was such a pain that I wasn't enjoying working on it at all.  Once I switched to all straight lines, it was relatively quick to finish up & in the end I'm really happy with how it turned out.

IMG_20120618_111654.

I ended up having to make the binding a little wider than I originally planned because somehow my back wasn't lined up quite right so there are some sections with the selvage or batting showing. 

2012-06-18_16-55-10_8

2012-06-18_16-54-56_536

Luckily the wider binding will cover those little mistakes (whew!), but unfortunately now my quilting is a little off in the squares on the edges.  I haven't decided yet if I'm going to redo some of the quilting, or just let it go. 

2012-06-18_13-06-38_783

I'm so excited to be making so much progress on this, and can't wait to get it finished up.  Maybe by this time next week it'll be done!

Make sure you head over to Freshly Pieced to see what everybody else has been up to this week.

Until next time...

4 comments:

Thank you for your comments, I appreciate each & every one I get. I do try to respond to most (if not all) comments, but that's hard to do if you don't have an e-mail in your profile! :)